chatterbox CONVERSATION practice has arrived!
Available this year in Arabic, Chinese, French, Spanish, and More
Read the FAQ + sign up below.
Who is eligible for free Chatterbox conversation practice sessions at Edinburgh?
- All students studying a language at Edinburgh University will be eligible this year.
- If you are not eligible, you can purchase conversation practice sessions at our store.
Who are Chatterbox conversation partners?
- Chatterbox conversation partners are highly-skilled and educated professionals who have become refugees.
- They are from diverse backgrounds including medicine, advocacy, academia and film.
- They are working with Chatterbox to rebuild their careers in their adopted homes.
What are conversation practice sessions like?
- Chatterbox conversation practice sessions are a unique opportunity to design your own learning whilst studying a language.
- You will individually lead an hour-long conversation practice session with a native speaker. The experience is entirely directed by you. Sessions take place online via Skype.
- Use this opportunity to improve your speaking and listening skills, practice in alternate dialects, and learn out about the cultures and countries represented by the language you are studying.
Which languages are currently available?
Languages include Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, Arabic, Turkish, French, Swahili, and more.
How do I use the service?
- After you initially sign up above, we will email you instructions on how to book your first session online.
- On our online scheduling platform, you will be able to find and book any available session in your language up to two weeks in advance.
- You will then meet your conversation practice partner online via Skype at your preferred time.
- Have a look at our blog for tips for making the most of your session.
How else can I get involved with Chatterbox?
Chatterbox is looking for enthusiastic student ambassadors from the University of Edinburgh to work within our team. Please get in touch if you would like to find out more.