chatterbox CONVERSATION has arrived!
Available this year in Arabic
Read the FAQ + sign up below.
Who is eligible for free Chatterbox conversation practice sessions at Durham?
- Select students studying Arabic with the Centre for Foreign Language Study in the School of Modern Languages and Cultures will be eligible this year.
- If you are not eligible, you can purchase conversation practice sessions at our store.
Who are Chatterbox conversation partners?
- Chatterbox conversation partners are highly-skilled and educated professionals who have become refugees.
- They are from diverse backgrounds including medicine, advocacy, academia and film.
- They are working with Chatterbox to rebuild their careers in their adopted homes.
What are conversation practice sessions like?
- Chatterbox conversation practice sessions are a unique opportunity to design your own learning whilst studying a language at Durham.
- You will individually lead an hour-long practice session with a native speaker. The experience is entirely directed by you. Sessions take place online via Skype.
- Use this opportunity to improve your speaking and listening skills, practice in alternate dialects, and learn out about the cultures and countries represented by the language you are studying.
Which languages are currently available?
The language we have been commissioned to offer this year is Arabic.
How do I use the Chatterbox service?
- After you initially sign up above, we will email you instructions on how to book your first session online.
- You will be eligible for online sessions. Have a look at our blog for tips for making the most of your session.
- On our online scheduling platform, you will be able to find and book any available session in your language up to two weeks in advance.
How else can I get involved with Chatterbox?
Chatterbox is looking for enthusiatic student ambassadors from Durham to work within our team. Please get in touch if you would like to find out more.