CAN I BE A CHATTERBOX TUTOR?
You don't need previous teaching experience to tutor with Chatterbox. Our tuition is based around conversation - so all you need are good communication skills and a desire to share your language, culture and experience.
Here's what we look for in a Chatterbox Tutor.
- Refugees or asylum seekers with right to work.
- A good level of spoken English
- Education to degree level OR teaching experience (desirable, but not essential)
- A desire to teach their native language to others
If you are an asylum seeker without right to work, contact us to find out how you can get involved.
Become a Champion of your Mother laNguage
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Tutoring with Chatterbox couldn't be easier. You can complete our application process in just a few days.
- We pay living wage rates by the hour.
- We cover travel expenses.
- Tutoring is fully flexible, so you can fit it around your personal and professional commitments.
- You will become a part of the Chatterbox Community where we share exclusive job, training and funding opportunities.
Chatterbox offers refugees & asylum seekers flexible and rewarding work teaching their native language and culture to students at universities and elsewhere.
If you are interested in working with us or volunteering in other areas, you can find out more here.
It can be especially difficult for people who become refugees to find work, even if they are highly educated and experienced.
We help refugees into enjoyable, meaningful, and rewarding work allowing them to use their skills to benefit themselves and society.
HOW WILL BECOMING A CHATTERBOX TUTOR BENEFIT YOU?
- You will receive training to become a tutor in your native language.
- Alongside training, you will be engaged in paid work in a skilled industry to improve your CV and help you move onto even better opportunities.
- We offer flexible working hours to fit around your existing studies, family commitments, and other activities.
- Tutoring is very social and can help you build up your confidence, improve you English language skills, and develop excellent professional networks.
- Through our employment partners we are able to offer exclusive opportunities to progress into full-time careers in the language services sector.
What do we pay?
We are a living wage employer. If you don’t currently have the right to work, we will cover all your expenses and contribute the remainder of your salary to provide English language classes for refugees and migrants.