HOW DOES IT WORK?
STEP 1 Apply here.
STEP 2 Complete a Chatterbox Video Assessment.
STEP 3 Become a Chatterbox Conversation Practice Partner.
STEP 4 Become a fully-trained Chatterbox Tutor.
Note that applications are closed at the moment. However, you can enter your details in the form here and we will get in touch as soon as we re-open.
HOW WILL IT BENEFIT ME?
Tutoring with Chatterbox couldn't be easier. You can complete our application process in just a few days.
- We pay living wage rates by the hour
- We cover travel expenses
- Tutoring is fully flexible, so you can fit it around your personal and professional commitments.
- You will become a part of the Chatterbox Community where we share exclusive job, training and funding opportunities
CAN I BE A CHATTERBOX TUTOR?
You don't need previous teaching experience to tutor with Chatterbox. Our tuition is based around conversation - so all you need are good communication skills and a desire to share your language, culture and experience.
Here's what we look for in a Chatterbox Tutor:
- Refugees or asylum seekers with right to work
- A good level of spoken English
- Education to degree level OR teaching experience (desirable, but not essential)
- A desire to teach their native language to others
Become a Champion of your Mother laNguage
Chatterbox offers refugees flexible and rewarding work teaching their native language and culture to students at universities and elsewhere.
It can be especially difficult for people who become refugees to find work, even if they are highly educated and experienced.
We help refugees access enjoyable, meaningful, and rewarding work so that they can use their skills to benefit both themselves and society.
HOW WILL BECOMING A CHATTERBOX TUTOR BENEFIT YOU?
- You will receive training to become a tutor in your native language.
- Alongside training, you will be engaged in paid work in a skilled industry to improve your CV and help you move onto even better opportunities.
- We offer flexible working hours to fit around your existing studies, family commitments, and other activities.
- Tutoring is very social and can help you build up your confidence, improve you English language skills, and develop excellent professional networks.
- Through our employment partners we are able to offer exclusive opportunities to progress into full-time careers in the language services sector.
What do we pay?
We are a living wage employer. If you don’t currently have the right to work, we will cover all your expenses and contribute the remainder of your salary to provide English language classes for refugees and migrants.